How much does it cost to rent a dress?
- Dress rentals will range anywhere from $25-$100 depending on the regular retail price of the dress. 75% of the dresses in the boutique will rent for $60 or less.
What form of payments do you accept?
- We accept all major credit cards and debit cards, but unfortunately we cannot accept cash or checks.
How long is a dress rental for?
- Standard dress rentals will be for 4 days (due back 4 days after the day you pick it up – so if you pick it up Thursday, it’s due back Monday). Finery will also offer a 7-day rental option, as well as an additional $/day if you would like to keep the dress for longer than that.
What if my rental ends on a day Finery is closed?
- If your return date falls on a day the store is closed for business, you are responsible for returning the dress by 12:00pm the next business day. If you are unable to do this, we recommend setting up your reservation for additional days in advance.
When should I make a reservation for a dress?
- While you are able to rent a dress on the spot and leave with it that same day, we recommend reserving your dress in advance for the best chance as getting the dress of your choice. Finery will accept reservations 3 months in advance.
What if I cannot make it during Open Hours?
- We are happy to set up a free private appointment with you. Please visit our ‘Contact Us‘ page and provide your desired date & time in the comments. Alternatively, feel free to call us at (513) 622-9546 and we’d be happy to arrange a time for you to come into the boutique.
I change my mind – can I be reimbursed or swap out my dress for another one?
- Refunds will not be given for cancelled reservations; rather, the customer will receive a store credit for the value of that rental to be used towards another rental. To change the dress reserved for an alternative option, the new dress simply needs to be available during the same rental time and the rental cost difference (if higher) paid. If the new dress rental is cheaper, the customer will receive a store credit for the balance to be used towards a future rental.
When will I be charged for my dress rental?
- You will be charged at the time of reservation. This protects Finery from last minute cancellations and other missed rental opportunities.
How are the dresses cleaned?
- After each rental, the dress will be professionally dry cleaned, steamed, and evaluated for quality to ensure it is is ready to be worn again.
What if I forget to return the dress by its due date?
- You will be charged a $10 fee for each day it is kept beyond your rental time. If returning the dress late results in the next rental reservation being missed, you will additionally be charged for that rental rate. If a dress is not returned, you will be charged the full retail price of the dress.
What if I accidentally stain or damage the dress?
- Some wear and tear is to be expected, so as long as it can be managed with regular dry cleaning, no worries. However if it requires repair, you will be charged a $25 Inconvenience Fee, the cost of the repair, as well as the rental rate for any subsequent rentals missed while being repaired. If the dress is damaged beyond repair, you will be charged the full retail price of the dress.
Can I keep or purchase a dress from Finery?
- Sure! While our typical business model is to rent out dresses, if you absolutely have to have it, we would consider selling you the dress. Pricing will be determined based on the depreciated value of the dress, and your rental rate will be credited towards the cost. The owner of Finery will make the determination as to which dresses are available for sale.
What does Finery do with dresses it no longer rents?
- Twice annually Finery will have a sample sale to make room for new inventory. Dresses sold during the sample sale will be hugely discounted vs. retail. All dresses sold will be final sale and cannot be returned.